With so many options to choose from, what are the best creatine capsules for strength training? And why do some people choose capsules over pills, powders, and liquids? Keep reading to find out.
All muscles need fuel to function, and plenty of it. The harder you work them, the more energy they need. This is true for everyone, but the need is far greater for bodybuilders and weight lifters.
Extra Energy for Muscle Development
Are you serious about building impressive muscles? Creatine capsules can help. They boost your ATP (adenosine triphosphate) levels—the body’s major source of energy during high-intensity workouts.
Creatine acts as a reserve source of power for muscles. This means you have extra strength when you’ve used up your body’s natural energy source. More power means you can push harder for longer.
Natural Sources of Creatine
Unless you’re vegetarian, you get around half your creatine from fish and meats. Your body makes the remainder naturally, from amino acids, mainly in the liver and kidneys. So why supplement?
The answer is simple. Despite diet and natural bodily processes, there’s still room for more creatine. Creatine capsules help to ‘top up the tank’ as it were.
Here’s what you can expect from the regular use of creatine capsules:
- Taken pre-workout, creatine increases energy, resulting in extra drive
- Helps to break through your usual workout plateaus
- Reduces recovery time after high-intensity workouts
- Hardens your muscles and increases muscle density
- Opens up blood vessels. This allows for various vascular benefits
Why Capsules Over Pills, Powders and Liquids
Creatine capsules offer the same benefits as pills and powders. The jury’s still out on the liquids though. Some claim they can be inconsistent in creatine dosages, even after a good physical shaking.
There are four key advantages of creatine capsules over other forms, namely:
- It’s easy to carry a tub of creatine capsules with you wherever you go
- Creatine capsules are quick and easy to take (great news for busy folks)
- Capsules are easier on the stomach for people with sensitive guts
- You don’t have to worry about unpleasant taste issues
How to Shop for Creatine Capsules
Creatine capsules and pills share one common problem with other forms of the supplement. That is, there are too many choices, and more products arriving on the shelves all the time.
The rule of thumb here is to always follow brand reputation. This is a much better and safer approach than looking for the cheapest creatine capsules, or believing the sales hype of unknown products.
The creatine market is forever changing, which is a good and a bad thing for consumers. But there are some products which are well-received and known to do exactly what they say on the label.
My Top Five Creatine Capsule Picks
Here are five of the top creatine capsules at the time of writing:
- Axis Labs Creatine Ethyl Ester: Boosts strength, improved stamina, increase pumps
- Beast Sports Nutrition Creature: Less muscle breakdown, stimulates lean muscle mass
- Magnum Nutraceuticals Big C: Build bigger muscles, increased energy
- Millennium Sport CRE-02: Maximizes strength and endurance during workouts
- ProMera Sports CON-CRET: Improved power, fuller Muscles, enhanced strength
Know Your Body Well
As with anything we put into our bodies, we don’t all react in the exact same way to foods, beverages, or substances. And yes, that also includes over-the-counter supplements.
Sometimes you’ll see a creatine capsule rated 10/10. Another user might rate the same product 4/10. This is likely due to the fact that the second person’s body didn’t reap the same benefits as the first
It’s important, therefore, that you get to know your body well. Monitor the changes delivered by a particular creatine capsule. Once you find the one that serves your purpose, stick with it.
If you’re someone who’s mobile, or you just don’t want to carry creatine liquids or mix powders everywhere you go, you don’t have to. It’s time for you to consider creatine capsules or pills.
Creatine capsules do the same job as other forms of creatine but they’re hassle-free and quick to take. Creatine capsules and pills offer a great alternative for busy folks.